How to apply a template user to contacts
Modified on: Thu, 26 Jul, 2018 at 10:52 AM
- Click on the Contacts tool (or Search) in your personal toolbar.
- Search for the relevant group.
- If you only want to apply the template to some rather than all group members tick those to apply the template to, otherwise there is no need to select anyone. If you select no-one, the system will assume you wish to apply the template to all you have listed in your search.
- Click on Edit contacts at the bottom of the page.
- Select the relevant template from the drop-down menu.
- Under the section rules make decisions on the application of the template:
- Update only those fields that are empty on the contact card means there will be no over-writing. Select this if the template is used to add information.
- Update only those fields that are corresponding in the template means fields in contact cards will be over-written if they're filled out in the template and is used e.g. to replace default sets, or edit information on contact cards for users previously enrolled elsewhere.
- Select Replace the configuration of contacts today page from the template if you want to use the template to change user's Today page.
- Click Update contacts.
- A confirmation will display.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.